Teaching Dark Lord

jstallcup at juno.com jstallcup at juno.com
Tue May 14 15:01:26 EDT 2002

Jon said,

As for not liking "LOTR" when I was at uni the traditional punishment for
this
was having one's eyeballs plucked out and fed to the crows :-)
<><><

I had to laugh when I read this, because the student who told me that she
felt so badly about not liking LotR also said that she had been attacked
when she told people this.  I chuckled and she said, "no, really,
attacked!  They lunge at me and try to hit me."  I'll tell her she's just
lucky not to be attending the school you went to!

We have "Tough Guide" in the library; perhaps I'll pull it out and take
it to class tomorrow... thanks!

Jackie