Teaching Dark Lord

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Mon May 13 20:04:15 EDT 2002

I feel very sorry for your class, and for you for
having to put up with them. I have two daughters
probably of about their age who love "Darklord"(of
course they have grown up with fantasy). perhaps you
you suggest people read "tough guide to fantasyland"
in conjunction with "Dark Lord". It is perhaps the
best critique of the genre I've ever read. My only
problem with "darklord" was that it didn't seem to
know if it was satire or serious, although in the main
it combines both quite well. Maybe you'd better give
the class Terry Pratchett! As for not liking "LOTR"
when I was at uni the traditional punishment for this
was having one's eyeballs plucked out and fed to the
crows :-)

Jon Noble

"It is better to be a librarian than part of the
collection"  Garth Nix - Lirael