Pratchett in Welsh!

Caleb W scalebw at tiscali.co.uk
Sat May 11 06:41:08 EDT 2002

In my school there was the Welsh version of "Only You Can Save Mankind" in
the school library, which I read. I'm not too keen on it myself (in either
language). The Welsh teacher, Mrs Delyth Medi Jones (known by her full name
to distinguish her from the other Mrs Joneses!) tried reading it to one of
her classes but _really_ didn't "get it", and gave up. Which is a pity,
since most Welsh books for secondary school age are dull teenage "realistic
fiction" about girls worrying about their weight and boyfriends, or boys
worrying about girls and um, girls. I've heard Harry Potter is going to be
translated into Welsh, and at the moment I'm trying to find the Welsh
version of "The Four Grannies" which I've borrowed from the library and,
ahem, mislaid.

Caleb W.