Is the list quiet?

Rebecca Ganetzky rganetzk at oberlin.edu
Fri May 10 08:17:49 EDT 2002

ditto here...although I've some interesting things about the College
of Magics to say.  (My Last literature class is now over, my
sentences are allowed to be grammatically incorrect?)
(SLIGHT SPOILER)

I stopped reading the book at page 112 when I first read it -- after
Tyrian was turned into a cat I became scared out of my mind and could
not read any further...now I realize that the conflict was resolved
one page later...(it's such a fitting analogy for my life at that
time.)
The other thing is my mental image of CofM from three years ago (when
I read the first 112 pages) is /so very/ off.  Some things, like the
layout of the college, are still the same, but My cat-Tyrian was this
hideously deformed fuzzy spider with a cat head.  Tyrian himself was
a brunette, whom I, for some strange reason could not distinguish
from Reed.  I also had issues distinguishing between Odile and
Menary, and I can't remember why now.  My mental image of Reed and
Tyrian is very different, now.  Tyrian is this shining blond (Oh,
goodness, he's the male love interest, isn't he?  Now he's going to
get all boring...) in all black, and Reed has this unruly brown hair
and wears farm-boy duds.
Rebecca
P.S. I think, in WI, at least, Dogsbody's the most widely read by non-DWJ fans.
>Yes, it's quiet.
>For my part, I have term final exams in uni - I don't know the reason for
>the quieteness of the rest of the group.
>
>-Satu
>

>--

Rebecca D. Ganetzky
"...and do not say that a thing is impossible to understand, for
eventually it will be understood."-Rabbi Hillel