Most widely-read DWJ

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Fri May 10 01:41:48 EDT 2002

--- "Ding, Kylie (KAM.RIC)" <Kylie.Ding at kline.com>
wrote:
> Ooo, great! Another Aussie!
> So how long have you been reading DWJ?
I read "Spellcoats" about 20 years ago, after it was
recommended (along with many other books) at an
in-service. It was actually about a year after the
course when i found a second hand copy of "spellcoats"
- but I loved it. Several years later I came across
"Archers Goon", "Fire and Hemlock" and "Power of
Three" (not all at once - probably a year apart each)
and though that this author really had something.
Although "8 days of luke" has been in every library
I've run I only got around to reading it earlier this
year (obviously an early work).

What is your
> favourite?

I love the Dalemark books but my fave is probably
"Deep secret" - if only for the reference to all the
men at the sf con having beards. Go to

http://www.fanac.org/worldcon/AussieCon/w75-005.html

for the reason. Even though this was taken 25 years
ago i still have the beard.

Jon Noble