Most widely-read DWJ

jstallcup at juno.com jstallcup at juno.com
Thu May 9 21:48:37 EDT 2002

My experience is the opposite--I had never heard of A-G before getting
back into dwj recently.  And I picked up my copy over in England, not
here.  Where was the tv series on?  Was there really a series about AG???

>From my experience, Dogsbody is the one dwj title that I knew, but that's
only because it was the dwj book that I read when I was a kid.  And it's
the one that kept coming up when I was searching for a book with a
similar idea (human trapped in dog's body) but a totally different title
and different author.  So Dogsbody was the one ingrained in my head.
But, as you say, that's a totally subjective experience.

Judging from what is available at my local Barnes and Noble, I would say
around here (southern California) that the Dalemark series and the two
Howl books would be best known.

I'll be teaching Dark Lord of Derkholm next week in my Adolescent
Literature course. (I chose Howl's Moving Castle for next semester).  If
anyone is interested in hearing about how it goes...

Jackie Stallcup