Most widely-read DWJ

Elizabeth Evans er.evans at auckland.ac.nz
Thu May 9 20:10:50 EDT 2002

Hi all
Based on your subjective experience, which is the DWJ book that seems to be
most familiar to people who don't regularly read DWJ?
Anecdotal evidence: In one of her "I've got NOTHING to read" phases I
finally persuaded my daughter to read Archer's Goon - because that is one of
my favourites, and seems to me to be one of DWJ's most accessible stories.
She took the book with her wherever she went - as you do - and her friends
would say "Is that Archer's Goon?  I read that when I was in Mrs Jones's
class." Or is it maybe just that that DWJ was the most popular at that time
(about 12-15 years ago)?
Regards
Elizabeth.

Elizabeth Evans
Acquisitions Department / Te Tari Rauemi Hou
Te Tumu Herenga / University of Auckland Library
Private Bag 92019
Room 102B, 26 Princes St
Auckland
New Zealand