Jane Louise Curry-and others

Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Sat May 4 20:03:19 EDT 2002

> >Jane Louise Curry is one of them. The other is Zilpha Keatley Snyder.
Snyder
> >has had a Newberry Honorable at least once, I think (can't recall which
book,
> >though).

Snyder recently (97) produced a sequel to THE EGYPT GAME (as someone says
below) Called THE GYPSY GAME. And it might be PC, but it has the same tone,
umpteen  years later... No modernising at all, but it could be any time
really, from the 60s on.

> >been oop for years. Both are solid competent writers with a fairly high
> >percentage of "keepers". But neither seems to have sparked the sortt of
avid
> >fandom that DWJ has.

Because they're good, but lack that real spark of genius. Which probably
means their output was solid worth, even.

> Curry is another matter.  She's got a ton of books, but you never hear of
> her any more.  I had to get _The Sleepers_ from the city library via ILL.
> really can't remember reading any of her other books, though I know I must
> have because the titles in the catalog are familiar.  I plan to work my
way
> through these in a few months.

I have The Bassumtyte Treasure, the Daybreakers and the Housenappers. BT is
the best, I think.

Sallyo.