Peter Dickinson

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 27 18:38:57 EST 2002

Hi all,

Just finished reading the Ropemaker, which I quite enjoyed, although I
think it had some problems, which I am happy to talk about it more detail
if anyone wants to discuss it. Anyway, this was the first book I have read
by this author, and I was amused to find out that he is Mr Robin McKinley.
Because I can certainly see some similarities between their work,
particularly at the sentence level. I was wondering if anyone has read any
more of his books, and what they might recommend. There seem to be an awful
lot of them, and my impression from where they are shelved in the library
is that lots are for younger readers. Any guidance/suggestions would be
welcome.

Robyn