Pullman

liril at gmx.net liril at gmx.net
Mon Mar 25 03:47:53 EST 2002

Joe.Nankivell at ucd.ie schrieb:

> <delurk>
> Hi everyone.
>
> Caleb:
>
> > ObDWJ? Erm...
>
> Don't you mean 'Ur...', like the Mrs Urs in Black Maria? :)
>
> Have I spelt Ur right? If so, it's an interesting German prefix which
> means something like 'original' or 'primeval'.

<g> It can even be an adjective: "urig" means cosy or special in a rustical
way. Can be used of people, too. Not very much in use. I'd rather say:
"urgemütlich" ;-)

Bettina
I spent my skiing-holidays in an apartement in Austria that wasn't urig, but
quite okay. In their leaflet they called it (in english) "solid". Can you say
that? I suppose they wanted to express they give you something worth your
money.