spellcoats

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 22 20:54:14 EST 2002

Hi All

Just had a reread of Spellcoats, and am struck again by the utter
brilliance of the story. I especially love the little comments in the book
by Tanaqui and the epilogue about how the story doesn't tell everything,
and it may be inaccurately translated anyway. Her comment about having
unpicked a section is also intriguing. I was thinking about it in light of
our discussion about the unreliable narrator. There are lots of things in
the book that make Tanaqui unreliable, but is she deceptive like the Thief?
I think it is time for all of you who don't like it to have a reread so we
can debate this one a bit. Since the Hexwood discussion seems to be over
for the time being.

Robyn