Pullman

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Wed Mar 20 23:05:18 EST 2002

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk wrote:

|Now I don't see how it could be morally satisfying for either a Christian or an
|Atheist to blame God for the sins of the Church (much less the God of several
|worlds for the sins of the Church in one of them).  A Christian should know
|better, and an Atheist shouldn't have that option.

For an interesting take, see Pullman's article about the republic
of heaven and the death of God in the November/December 2001 Horn
Book Magazine, and the annoyed letters in response in the
March/April 2002 issue.

In my oh so humble opinion, Pullman was heavily influenced by
Lewis and is extremely annoyed about it, and HDM is his attempt
to deal with that.

ObDWJ:  No, I'm too tired to try.

-deborah
deborah at suberic.net
--
What does it matter whether we hang,
If we've learned a little wisdom?	-- _Jade_, Sally Watson