LOTR

jackie e stallcup jstallcup at juno.com
Wed Mar 20 18:55:12 EST 2002

Yes, the time compression in the film sort of bothered me as well, but
really, if you think about it, the books are pretty slow paced overall,
and that wouldn't have worked well as a movie, probably.

We gave my cousin a copy of the trilogy when he was first born (17 years
ago--my boyfriend at the time was a Tolkien fanatic), and now that he
(the cousin) is actually old enough to have read them, I asked him,
excitedly, "So, have you read them yet?"  He likes to read, so I thought
he might actually be enjoying them, particularly with the movie hype.

He said he tried to, but... "All they do is walk and walk."

And you know what?  He's sort of right about that!

I guess I just enjoy trudging along with Frodo and Sam and Merry and
everyone.  But that would not have worked on film, I suppose.

Jackie Stallcup