Pullman

Ania theania at freeuk.com
Wed Mar 20 18:25:43 EST 2002

Oh no, another heretical insight!
I think what Pullman might be saying (and this may well contradict in some
way my other post on the subject) is: what if God exists and he managed to
mislead us into believing he's good and loving - but he isn't?
But let's not forget that HDM is fiction. Pullman's world is very
convincing, but we don't believe in e. g. daemons as a result.
Thanks for the definition of ooky. I thought it was something like that,
sort of squirm-inducing and uneasy-making.
And on a slight tangent, don't you just love the word 'cringeworthy'?
Ania