My Summary (Long)

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 18 21:17:49 EST 2002

Ros said

Kyra, thanks so much for this! I very much
enjoyed reading it.

The very weird events and characters DWJ
describes in that village she spoke
about couldn't help reminding me of that very
twisted and funny British
comedy series "The League of Gentlemen

snip
I find it hilarious, but at times, as I said, it
portrays stuff that I find
unbearably sad and disturbing. Then again, as
I've mentioned before, I can
be a real wimp. :-)

I found it easier to watch in black and white, so
you couldn't see quite how hideous everyone
looked -- especially the yellow teeth!
There's certainly a horrible fascination to it
all. And I,ve been in shops like that, and a
friend swears "Legs Akimbo" used to regularly
perform at her school.

=====
Ven