on hating Jordan

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at ic.ac.uk
Mon Mar 18 06:11:43 EST 2002

Jenny Holstrom wrote:

> My favourite number one is Robin Hobb. What do you all
> think about her books?`

I thought the Royal Assasin series was very good. The Liveship ones were
probably very good as well, but I never got into them- there seem to be
about 50 viewpoint characters and every time I opened one of them at random
something sickeningly horrible was happening to somebody. I could take all
the tragic stuff that happens to Fitz, but these had too much yuck factor. I
read the last bit of the last one so I'd have some idea what was going on in
the new Fool series.
Jennifer