revered authors

Liz Ottosson elizabethottosson at cableinet.co.uk
Mon Mar 18 05:09:12 EST 2002

Hi. Delurking for just a moment, I read an interview with Pullman in which
he mentioned that, while writing HDM, he did occasionally wonder whether he
was overdoing the anti-church thing, to the detriment of the books. But then
he'd hear of another case of (for example) child abuse within the church, or
another massacre blamed on religion, and so on, so he'd get angry all over
again, and just keep going with it.

FWIW, I took the books as a criticism of organised religion (and
specifically the Christian one), rather than the spiritual side of
christianity.

Liz