Re Robin Hobb was re revered books

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 16 19:51:51 EST 2002

Jenny wrote

My favourite number one is Robin Hobb. What do
you all
think about her books?`
I think, she's really made ppl alive in her
books, all ppl
are living their own lives, whatever the main
character
himself is doing, others tend to go totally
different ways
and paths.

I agree, it's a bore reading books where all the
peripheral people just run around serving the
hero's ends, unless they are oppostion, in which
case they have to do cliche bad stuff.

What I particularly like about what Robin Hobb is
doing is the way a larger picture of the world,
it's history and it's characters continues to
emerge.

I thought i was going to have to wait for the
paperback of the latest one but now a friend is
getting it from a bookclub for 50p. And she says
I can read it first.

=====
Ven