Re Names, Was Hexwood's Goon

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 15 18:40:16 EST 2002

Dorian said.

> I challenge you.  A virtual first ed of the DWJ

of your choice to
the
> first person to provide the correct
pronunciation of GrainneTime's up!

Ven wins.

Aha, I was right ;-)

Sorry, Irina - you just didn't have the first
vowel quite right.

But as the first person with the "very common and

nearly right"
answer, you also get a consolation prize of a
virtual copy of "The
Hounds of the Morrigan".

Ven, you get a virtual copy of your choice of DWJ

first ed, but
because you tried to gazump, it has a tatty
dustwrapper. :-)

Who cares about the jacket -- it's the Skiver's
Guide. then I'd only be missing (The) Changeover

I'm not sure I can remember where I learned the
pronounciation. There is a Grainne in one of
Molly Keane's novels. Has anyone else read those?
She's one of the Virago authors who really caught
on for me.

=====
Ven