revered authors

Caleb W SCWoody423 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 15 16:21:59 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ania" <theania at freeuk.com>
To: <dwj at suberic.net>
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2002 8:45 PM
Subject: Re: revered authors

> > Excellent books, a pity that Philip Pullman's views are unbalanced.
> >
> > Caleb W.
> But what's any more balanced about Christian view?

His are (in my opinion) unbalanced because he's attacking Christianity as a
whole when the real target is "christianity". If he was just attacking
"christianity" and acknowledged Christianity, I'd be fine with his views.
But he doesn't. I'd hope that my (Christian) view would be an informed and
balanced one, even if people agreed with me. Another mailing list I'm on has
only recently got over a Pullman inspired religious discussion, so I'd
rather not another :) One of the great things about HDM is how it is so
thought and discussion provoking.

Caleb W.