Tanith Lee

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Fri Mar 15 15:06:41 EST 2002

Melissa:

>  >I don't.  But you could just describe the book you remember - and if
>>it's TL someone will probably recognise it, while if it is just the
>>product of your fevered brain, we'll all enjoy a good read. :)
>
>Aw, shucks.  I don't even remember now what I thought it was.  I do know:
>
>1) While I was at college, I read exactly three Tanith Lee books from the
>library; two of them were YA, and the third was _Red as Blood_.
>
>2) One of the YA titles was _The Dragon Hoard_; I know because the round
>robin storytelling scene is so memorable.  It's the other one I can't
>remember.
>
>3) What I do remember is that the story was more from the hero's point of
>view, and he had an encounter with a dragon early on.
>
>4) It's remotely possible that I'm confusing this with _Dealing with
>Dragons_, but I'm pretty sure not.

Sorry, I meant to run this by Becca and forgot.

Could it be _Prince on a White Horse_?  It's from the hero's point of
view - he doesn't know his name or where he's from.  He's on a horse
who keeps talking to him but saying that horses don't talk.  Then a
girl (named something like Gamael the Red) pops up in the air and
gives him a sword and tells him to go slay a dragon.  The dragon is
made of metal.

Is this enough to stir up any memories?

Hallie.