on hating Jordan

Jenny Holmstrom isidunil at yahoo.se
Fri Mar 15 13:54:13 EST 2002

 --- Satu S Hlinovsky <skanervi at cc.helsinki.fi> skrev: > I
don't know how I feel about Rebecca's theory on why so
> many of us
> listees dislike Jordan. Here in Finland they are not, by
> the way, found
> next to one another, because JWJ is considered children's
> fantasy and
> JOrdan is considered 'adult' stuff...

That's the same over here in Sweden.

> The main reason for my dislike of his works is that when
> I tried reading
> some of his books I was bored stiff! How can anybody so
> boring sell enough
> to write such loooong series?

Well, well, hard to say. Some ppl most like his book. Me
for example. But I've turned bored of them as well. It was
just for a little time I was crazy about them, couple of
years ago. Same as with David Eddings's books, even a
longer time back, whenever it was, in the beginning of 90's
somewhere.

> > Aren't the characters of his (Jordan's) somewhat more
> > "paper-like" than DWJs? His characters haven't got the
> > depth that DWJs characters have. It's more that
> differs.
> > Actually, it's no point comparing them, since DWJ is so
> > much better!!!
> >
> > Jenny
>
> I agree with you on that, Jenny! Wholeheartedly, although
> I must say
> (taking a huge risk, here!) I have read even better books
> than those of hers...

Name them, please?? I'm longing for more books to read,lol.

My favourite number one is Robin Hobb. What do you all
think about her books?`
I think, she's really made ppl alive in her books, all ppl
are living their own lives, whatever the main character
himself is doing, others tend to go totally different ways
and paths.

Jenny

=====