on hating Jordan

Satu S Hlinovsky skanervi at cc.helsinki.fi
Fri Mar 15 13:04:41 EST 2002

I don't know how I feel about Rebecca's theory on why so many of us
listees dislike Jordan. Here in Finland they are not, by the way, found
next to one another, because JWJ is considered children's fantasy and
JOrdan is considered 'adult' stuff...

The main reason for my dislike of his works is that when I tried reading
some of his books I was bored stiff! How can anybody so boring sell enough
to write such loooong series?

> Aren't the characters of his (Jordan's) somewhat more
> "paper-like" than DWJs? His characters haven't got the
> depth that DWJs characters have. It's more that differs.
> Actually, it's no point comparing them, since DWJ is so
> much better!!!
>
> Jenny

I agree with you on that, Jenny! Wholeheartedly, although I must say
(taking a huge risk, here!) I have read even better books than those of hers...

-Satu