Guy Gavriel Kay

Satu S Hlinovsky skanervi at cc.helsinki.fi
Fri Mar 15 01:22:48 EST 2002

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Jenny Holmstrom wrote:

> Hi!
> I've only read the Fionavar Tapestry and the Tigana books, but I really loved
> them when I read them. It was a couple of times some years ago. I haven't read
> anything else by Kay simply because when I was reading these books I wasn't
> keen on reading in any other language than Swedish (wasn't good enough in
> English, that is) and I haven't found any other books by him at the library.
> Then it's all this about spending money... The English ones (by Kay) are all in
> paperback and really expensive, and I don't want to buy them to read them...
> Not when I can buy and read all DWJs books ;P.
> Jenny

It is, of course, a great help to me that my husband and I have
approximately same taste in books... He often urges me to buy books he
himself would like to read, but usually I like them, too.
I've been to Sweden several times and noticed that you have a better
selection of fantasy books in bookstores thatn here in Finland. I wonder
if it is the same with libraries? Have you tried finding e.g. Kays books
(those you don't want to buy due to high price) in libraries? In Finnihs
libraries, at least, we have quite a wide collection of books in other
languages than Finnish. Surprisingly many books can be found - but not
often those one would suspect...

-Satu