Must read authors (Alexlit plug)

Ding, Kylie (KAM.RIC) Kylie.Ding at kline.com
Thu Mar 14 19:28:06 EST 2002

> I need to branch out a bit in my reading habits, since I've
> almost caught up
> with all of these and need to find some more "must read" authors. Any
> suggestions?

Caleb, why don't you try Alexlit?  Alexandria Digital Literature
(www.alexlit.com) is a reading recommender.  You put in what you read and
how much you liked it and it matches your ratings with those of other
patrons and comes up with a list of reading recommendations.

I have found the recommendations to be a bit hit and miss, but I can forgive
the misses because I have discovered some wonderful books through there that
I would never have come across otherwise (has anyone else read When
Sisterhood Was in Flower??)

It has a quirk where it is likely to recommend you everything by Bujold and
all of Gaiman's Sandman novels to start.  Everyone must like them...

I know there are a couple of other DWJers that use it too.

Kylie