Pullman

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 14 18:30:17 EST 2002

>>Philip Pullman (although I disagree with his worldview, since he has an
>>excellent grasp of twisted "christianity" but seems to have no concept of
>>the real thing),
>
>Wow.  You have no idea how impressed I am by that succinct description of
>your reaction to PP.

I don't really want to get into a major religious debate, but it seemed to
me that Pullman's world view was quite similar to that of the authors he
borrowed from so heavily - Blake and Milton, and I don't see how either of
them is "twisted" christianity. I had a fairly christian education
(broadened by extensive study of medieval literature), and I'm puzzled by
what is meant by this comment. Can someone elucidate?

Robyn