Names, Was: Hexwood's Goon

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Thu Mar 14 18:11:49 EST 2002

I said...

> I challenge you.  A virtual first ed of the DWJ of your choice to
the
> first person to provide the correct pronunciation of Grainne.  Ania
> and Hallie may not play, but get virtual copies of "The Hounds of
the
> Morrigan" as consolation prizes. :-)

Time's up!

Ven wins.

Sorry, Irina - you just didn't have the first vowel quite right.

But as the first person with the "very common and nearly right"
answer, you also get a consolation prize of a virtual copy of "The
Hounds of the Morrigan".

Ven, you get a virtual copy of your choice of DWJ first ed, but
because you tried to gazump, it has a tatty dustwrapper. :-)

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

"Where-e'er you find 'the cooling western breeze,'
In the next line, it 'whispers through the trees':
If crystal streams 'with pleasing murmurs creep,'
The reader's threaten'd (not in vain) with 'sleep'"
-Alexander Pope, "Essay on Criticism"