revered authors

Rebecca Ganetzky rganetzk at oberlin.edu
Thu Mar 14 17:15:01 EST 2002

>Connie Willis - the comedies?   _To Say Nothing of the Dog_ is a huge
>favourite of ours, and unless you've read P.G. Wodehouse or _Three
>Men in a Boat_ and disliked them you might like it too.
>
>_Bridge of Birds_ by Barry Hughart - might be another possibility.
>
>That's not many books, unfortunately, but blanking out for the moment.
How 'bout _some_ of the Willis non-comedies (Doomsday Book, Passage)
Patricia Wrede's Dragon books, the whole Faerie Tale series (edited by
Terri Windling), some Pamela Dean (I really like Juiper, Gentian and
Rosemary, but that's a controversy around here), de Lint!  Grrr.  I love de
Lint!  Neil Gaiman, some Orson Scott Card (ender's Game!)... I like Tamora
Pierce, and most of the list agrees with me, but I don't really consider
her a must-read.  That should keep anyone busy for at least a day or
two...;-)
RDG

Rebecca D. Ganetzky
"...and do not say that a thing is impossible to understand, for eventually
it will be understood."-Rabbi Hillel