revered authors

Jenny Holmstrom isidunil at yahoo.se
Thu Mar 14 11:10:44 EST 2002

Hi!

My list (sticking to Fantasy)

First the top five (no particular order):

Robin Hobb
DWJ
Gene Wolfe (science fantasy)
Ursula K LeGuin
Neil Gaiman

Then some others I've got to mention (and if we were not just sticking to
fantasy I could mention quite a few more. There's so many really good authors,
especially children's authors - I've a lot more trouble finding great authors
for adults)

Tove Jansson
Terry Pratchett (after 20 books you get a bit tired of him. There has to be
some time in between the readings. Otherwise it'll be too much, but I guess
I've to mention him here 'cause I've bought quite a few of his books...)
Christina Brönnestam
Irmelin Sandman Lilius
Lloyd Alexander (not so much the Prydain chronicle or the books about
what's-her-name but the other ones...)
Irmelin Sandman Lilius
Vigdís Grímsdóttir (from Island, not really fantasy but books with fantasy
elements)

Regards
Jenny

=====