Guy Gavriel Kay

Jenny Holmstrom isidunil at yahoo.se
Thu Mar 14 10:12:46 EST 2002

 --- Satu S Hlinovsky <skanervi at cc.helsinki.fi> skrev: > On Wed, 6 Mar 2002,
Ian W. Riddell wrote:
> Welcome to the group!
>
> > I adore Kay. I will admit to feeling some national pride because he's a
> > Canuck like me. I really loved the Fionavar Tapestry and Lions of
> al-Rassan.
> > I have enjoyed all of his books that I've read. I will admit to not reading
> > them very critically.
>
> I share your love for those books - and Lord of Emperors, and especially
> Tigana, which was the first book by Kay I ever read. But right now I might
> consider G.R.R. Martin further up the list than Kay. I have nearly lost my
> heart to Song of Ice and Fire -series.
>
> But I like far too many books - I believe many on this list to have the
> same problem.

Yes, indeed!

Last year I had to buy a new bookself for my and my
> husband's growing book piles, and now they are full - and we only have one
> wall left with any space for new shelves! Buying much more books will
> prove to be REALLY expensive, because soon we'll have to buy a new
> apartment to fit in with the books...
>
> -Satu

Hi!
I've only read the Fionavar Tapestry and the Tigana books, but I really loved
them when I read them. It was a couple of times some years ago. I haven't read
anything else by Kay simply because when I was reading these books I wasn't
keen on reading in any other language than Swedish (wasn't good enough in
English, that is) and I haven't found any other books by him at the library.
Then it's all this about spending money... The English ones (by Kay) are all in
paperback and really expensive, and I don't want to buy them to read them...
Not when I can buy and read all DWJs books ;P.
Jenny

=====