revered authors

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Wed Mar 13 15:53:22 EST 2002

Widdy:

>>Is it Diane Duane's YA series or the adult ones or all?
>>

>I have read her "So you want to be a wizard" series (YA) and loved
>them and I have read the "Door into . . ." series and really enjoyed
>that as well. I see there's a new one coming out soon so I'll have
>to reread the others to get ready. I haven't read any of her Star
>Trek stuff or the cat books (that take place in the same world as
>Wizard, yes?).

I haven't read the Door... series yet - must try them.

>>And is it that you love both NG and TP separately and put them
>>together because Good Omens was written together, or do you just love
>>Good Omens?
>>
>Honestly, I couldn't get into TP (not that I've given it a huge
>try). I think that NG's comics are some of the best works of fiction
>I've ever read (especially Sandman), but I've been underwhelmed by
>his print fiction.
>
>Good Omens, on the other hand, is one of the funniest, most
>enjoyable books I have _ever_ read and I give it to anyone who'll
>listen to me. I was able to find a used hard-cover a couple of years
>ago and I read it at least once a year. People look at me strangely
>on the bus!

You're preaching to the converted here. :)  I read it to both the
girls, and Becca has reread it so often she knows chunks of it by
heart.  And we all use "all cassettes left in cars for more than
three weeks turn into The Best of Queen" as the perfect analogy for
anything and everything.

Hallie.