revered authors

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Wed Mar 13 14:03:38 EST 2002

Widdy said...

> >Is it Diane Duane's YA series or the adult ones or all?
>
> I have read her "So you want to be a wizard" series (YA) and loved
them and
> I have read the "Door into . . ." series and really enjoyed that as
well. I
> see there's a new one coming out soon so I'll have to reread the
others to
> get ready. I haven't read any of her Star Trek stuff or the cat
books (that
> take place in the same world as Wizard, yes?).

Yes, the cat books belong in the Wizard world.  In fact, some of the
human wizards make cameo appearances in the first one.  I recommend
them if you like cats; she really *knows* cats!  The first one has
Pavarotti being eaten by a dinosaur in it, which I love!  (This is not
a spoiler; it's a very minor, almost throwaway thing.)  And the second
one has timeslipping and Arthur Conan Doyle and Wallis Budge in it.
:-)

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net

"Where-e'er you find 'the cooling western breeze,'
In the next line, it 'whispers through the trees':
If crystal streams 'with pleasing murmurs creep,'
The reader's threaten'd (not in vain) with 'sleep'"
-Alexander Pope, "Essay on Criticism"