revered authors

Ian W. Riddell iwr77 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 13 12:23:36 EST 2002

>From: "Hallie O'Donovan" <hallieod at indigo.ie>
>To: dwj at suberic.net
>Subject: Re: revered authors
>Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 21:05:25 +0000
>
>Widdy:
>
>>My List:
>>
>>(keeping it to Fantasy and SF)
>>
>>Ursula K. LeGuin
>>Guy Gavriel Kay
>>Jane Yolen
>>Diana Wynne Jones
>>Diane Duane
>>Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett (together, because of Good Omens)
>
>Is it Diane Duane's YA series or the adult ones or all?

I have read her "So you want to be a wizard" series (YA) and loved them and
I have read the "Door into . . ." series and really enjoyed that as well. I
see there's a new one coming out soon so I'll have to reread the others to
get ready. I haven't read any of her Star Trek stuff or the cat books (that
take place in the same world as Wizard, yes?).

>And is it that you love both NG and TP separately and put them
>together because Good Omens was written together, or do you just love
>Good Omens?

Honestly, I couldn't get into TP (not that I've given it a huge try). I
think that NG's comics are some of the best works of fiction I've ever read
(especially Sandman), but I've been underwhelmed by his print fiction.

Good Omens, on the other hand, is one of the funniest, most enjoyable books
I have _ever_ read and I give it to anyone who'll listen to me. I was able
to find a used hard-cover a couple of years ago and I read it at least once
a year. People look at me strangely on the bus!

blessings

widdy