PG rated DWJ youths

Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk Philip.Belben at powertech.co.uk
Wed Mar 13 09:39:40 EST 2002

Mary Ann, quoting Alex:

>> I teach boys of this age - some are sex-obsessed whereas some
>> really don't like girls that much yet but feel obligd to
>> pretend otherwise in order to fit in with their peers. My
>> brother was certainly obseessed with masturbation and the like
>> at 13 as I remember discussing it with him (I was older). I
>> think that Blade would have been terrified - and so would many
>> boys even now!
>
> I agree entirely with Alex-- people differ, even if they're of
> an age. And the rates at which they reach physical sexual
> maturity differ. And the rates at which they reach any degree
> of interest in sex differ even more. And then there's the issue
> of their own standards-- whether they think it's a good idea to
> frolick with a complete or comparative stranger. Some believe
> in waiting for love or for marriage-- I even marred such a one,
> and he's a peach. :)

I too agree with this, thinking of my attitude to females at that age, and that
of my contemporaries.

I went very suddenly from misogyny to an interest in girls when I was a little
younger than Blade - about 12.  But I was never interested in older girls - I
was looking at girls my age and below, only occasionally at girls in the year
above me at school (and never more than a year above me).  Not until I was about
18 did I seriously think about girls more than a year older.

I think Mary Ann's second point is also a good one, too.  I think (I like to
think anyway) that I would have disapproved of Sukey's behaviour, and not wanted
to get physical with her, even if I had found her attractive.  So I can
defintely identify with Blade's reaction.

FWIW.

Philip.

permission is prohibited.

Powergen Group.

Power Technology:
Telephone	+44 (0) 115 936 2000
Fax		+44 (0) 115 936 2711
E-mail          techinfo at powertech.co.uk
www		http://www.powertech.co.uk

Registered in England and Wales No: 2366970