Do you know these books?

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Wed Mar 13 01:46:44 EST 2002

>Bettina wrote:
>
>>  Another author I noticed was Eva Ibbotson. Any comments?
>
>I believe she wrote "Which Witch?" wch is quite amusing and always reminded
>me of DWJ (though that may partly be because they were on the same shelf in
>the library). It's about a warlock trying to find a wife and all the witches
>battling it out.

_The Secret of Platform 13_ is fun too.  It has a harpy character
which gave us a quote-on-the-wall and is immediately recognisable as
a previous British political leader (illustration on the next page,
just in case anyone could miss her!).  Quite a few of her kids books
have recently been republished over here.

Hallie.