revered authors

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 12 21:13:37 EST 2002

>Girl #1. Emma. Nice name, common in the 70s and 80s, holds up well in the
>00s.
>Girl #2. Sarah. Nice name, common in the 70s and 80s, holds up well in the
>00s.
>Boy #1. Adam. Nice name, common in the 70s and 80s, holds up well in the
>00s.
>Boy #2. Clive.  Um.......?
>
>I hasten to add that I don't dislike Clive at all, I just can't see how it
>fits with the other three!

Maybe it was one parent doing the naming for the first three, or else Clive
has a godparent with some strong opinions on names. I have a friend whose
children were named one by the father and the other by the mother, because
he wanted a family name for a boy, and ceded his right on girls' names in
exchange for this.

Robyn