revered authors

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 12 21:31:01 EST 2002

>McKinley:  I have tried reading blue sword so many times that I actually
>belong to a club of people who for the life of us can't get passed the
>blasted orange trees.  I've been told just to straight out skip them, but I
>feel guilty about skipping parts of books..

I would suggest you try the Hero and the Crown, because it doesn't matter
about the order you read that pair of books in, really. She is worth the
effort. I know a couple of people don't like her sentence structure, but
goodness, she is literate, unlike some we could name if we were not taking
the high road. Spindle's End is just a lovely book, with a beautiful
portrayal of female friendship.

Robyn