contrived romantic pairings(Was Re: DWJ's Faults

Irina Rempt irina at calcifer.valdyas.org
Tue Mar 12 08:53:48 EST 2002

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Anita Graham wrote:

> There seem to be several different tracks through the Dalemark books. I
> noticed last time there was a discussion of them that several people liked
> Cart and Cwidder and Drowned Ammet, but not Spellcoats and Crown. I love
> Spellcoats and Crown, and I like Cart&Cwidder and till this week I hadn't
> even reread Drowned Ammet because I didn't enjoy it the first time.
> Rereading, and after having read Crown, was a much more enjoyable and
> fulfilling read... so I second Robyn's recommendation - try rereading!

I like Cart and Cwidder first and foremost, then Spellcoats, then Crown, and
Drowned Ammet doesn't do anything for me except for a very few passages
(like using the names of the gods). They're due for rereading, but I got
NINE! books for my birthday and I'm only on the fourth :-)

(And I'm writing one, which also takes surprising amounts of time; two to
three hours each day)

   Irina

--
.sig under construction