Re DWJ's Faults, PG rated

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 12 14:15:26 EST 2002

I wrote about a friend of mine:

>He felt that there was no way a lad of Blade's
>age (13 irrc) would have been able or wanted to
>resist Sukie, being as how they are all sex mad
>at that age. Um, what do the guys on the list,
in
>particular, think about this.

I'm not a guy, but I think your friend must watch

waaaaay too much
television and/or teen movies. I think that
stereotype of teenage boys is
just like any other stereotype, and there are
plenty of boys who would
resist Sukie as being too obvious to be
appealing.

I think he was speaking from personal experience,
that no way would HE have resisted at that age.
He doesn't have a TV, watch teenage films, or for
that matter, read any fiction (apart from
Pratchett) that I don't pass onto him!

I do tend to think that Sukie would be just too
scary for some lads, especially the shyer ones,
but that's probably just me extrapolating from my
teenage experience of older men!

=====
Ven

.......... almost everyone is boring some kind of reader
or other.

Pamela Dean Dyer-Bennet