DWJ Faults

JOdel at aol.com JOdel at aol.com
Tue Mar 12 10:50:02 EST 2002

In a message dated 3/11/02 4:17:43 AM, owner-dwj-digest at suberic.net writes:

<< But, having said this, I see Fanny, the Sykeses, the "Little Fat
Dad"... and Mig's mum, from Black Maria. >>

Interesting. Particularly given that of all these (and they are all very good
examples of decent "human" parental figures) Only Mig's mum is the viewpoint
charater's natural parent. All the others are adoptive parents of the
viewpoint characters. (And Maree's adoptive mum wasn't bad either.)

But then we also have Derk and his wife. And, now I think of her, Elda is
very much in the beautiful, bright and self-confident mode that DWJ viewpoint
characters gererally so conspicuously AREN'T.

(Side note on another topic; since Awful's actual NAME is Anthea, to name a
child after Awful would hardly be all THAT much of a penance.)