contrived romantic pairings(Was Re: DWJ's Faults

Anita Graham amgraham at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Tue Mar 12 08:45:27 EST 2002

> >I don't think DWJ is flawless and I don't like all her
> >books.  I found Spell Coats extremely boring,
>
> No, say it isn't so! Have you tried rereading it?

There seem to be several different tracks through the Dalemark books. I
noticed last time there was a discussion of them that several people liked
Cart and Cwidder and Drowned Ammet, but not Spellcoats and Crown. I love
Spellcoats and Crown, and I like Cart&Cwidder and till this week I hadn't
even reread Drowned Ammet because I didn't enjoy it the first time.
Rereading, and after having read Crown, was a much more enjoyable and
fulfilling read... so I second Robyn's recommendation - try rereading!

Anita