children's names

Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Tue Mar 12 08:21:01 EST 2002

> Maybe I'm being paranoid but I'm quite surprised people are happy to
reveal
> their children's names on the list - I thought safety guidance suggested
one
> shouldn't give out that sort of info on publically accessible sites.

While newspapers print names of children, while kids ring radio stations and
give their names etc I doubt if keeping them off the net would make any
difference. And most of us don't put our exact address either. I use a box
number which may (or may not) be in the town I actually live in. If I lived
in a town, which I don't.

Mind you, Public Figures and Film/TV/Music Stars probably prefer to keep
their children unnamed.

Sallyo.