revered authors

Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Tue Mar 12 07:57:19 EST 2002

> Does it help that quite a few of the
> people on your list would be on mine too?  <g>

This is a little OT but does anyone else, on spotting someone with a child
sharing the name of his/her own child, ever ask for the sibling names? I'm
always puzzled when I see a James or a Tegan (my kids' names) allied with
other names I dislike.  However, I usually find that if I like one child's
name in a family, I'm most likely to like the other(s) too.

Having said that, my cousin and his wife have 4 grown up children, born in
the late 1970s and early 80s. Their names always struck me as interesting.

Girl #1. Emma. Nice name, common in the 70s and 80s, holds up well in the
00s.
Girl #2. Sarah. Nice name, common in the 70s and 80s, holds up well in the
00s.
Boy #1. Adam. Nice name, common in the 70s and 80s, holds up well in the
00s.
Boy #2. Clive.  Um.......?

I hasten to add that I don't dislike Clive at all, I just can't see how it
fits with the other three!

Sallyo.