DWJ's Faults

Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Mon Mar 11 22:45:17 EST 2002

> Heh.  That's pretty much what I planned to say.  Is she a big fan of
romance
> novels?  If that's all she reads, no wonder she thinks DWJ's relationships
> are contrived and last-minute.  :)

Far be it from Me to Disagree with Melissa ... but there's one greatly
beloved writer of romance novels who almost *always* leaves one totally in
the dark about the hero's romantic feeling. Much worse (IMO) the hero
deliberately leads the heroine to believe he *doesn't* care for her. And
there's never any good reason why he should be so cagey. Sadistic, I call
it.

Sallyo.