DWJ's faults

Katarina Hjärpe head_overheels at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 11 04:49:50 EST 2002

I remember finding A Tale of Time City and Dogsbody now quite as amusing as
the others... but it was a long time since I read them. The later
Chrestomanci stories are a bit contrived plotwise, very Deus ex Machina at
times. ("Oh, dear, we're in trouble, what to do? Oh, just get Chrestomanci
and he'll solve everything for us.") The True State of Affairs was
interesting, but all lead up to nothing...

So, now I have listed some flaws, can I go home and worship Howl in peace
again?

Katta