Books from the Library

Ania theania at freeuk.com
Sun Mar 10 19:41:21 EST 2002

> And I've realized that for some reason I associate TAnith Lee with Angela
> Carter.  Any Angela Carter fans?
>
> lizzie

Oh yes. She's been a favourite since I found The Bloody Chamber in the
library, in ca. 1982. It's still probably the favourite, though The Magic
Toyshop and Heroes and Villains are close contenders. I love the way her
writing, and the whole atmosphere of her books, is somehow hot and cloying
and sweaty and erotic and dirty without being pornographic. It makes me
think of Dylan Thomas, too.
I know she wrote the script for A Company of Wolves, but was she anything to
do with Snow White with Sigourney Weaver?
Ania