Daughters with Greek names

HSchinske at aol.com HSchinske at aol.com
Sun Mar 10 19:19:35 EST 2002

In a message dated 3/10/2002 11:21:32 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-dwj-digest at suberic.net writes:

> Anita, I'm so sorry! I'm slapping my forehead as I write...
>
>  Apologies to Robyn, too.
>
>  So all three of us have daughters, eh? With Greek names?...Philippa sounds
>  Greek, but I'm not sure.
>
>  Ros (in Melbourne)

I've got a Sophia Katherine, both Greek. My other two have Latin first names
and Hebrew middles (Emily Elizabeth -- no, I didn't know about the girl of
that name in the Clifford the Big Red Dog books, more's the pity -- and Peter
Jonathan).

Sophia and Emily are twins, names carefully chosen to be the same complexity,
but not too similar, and when my sister thought of nicknaming them Fifi and
Mimi, I quashed the idea pronto.

Helen Schinske