Kay

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Sun Mar 10 18:45:16 EST 2002

> >I read all of Fionovar, but it really started to annoy me the way he kept
> >killing everyone off. I hate authors who make you like central characters
> >and then just slaughter them indiscriminately. Julian May is a terrible one
> >for this, I read a series of hers, and by the third book, none of the
> >characters from the first book were still standing.
>
>I've been wracking my mind trying to figure out which series this is -
>indiscriminate killing usually annioys me as well, but I can't associate
>this with May. But then I haven't read some of her stuff for years - which
>series were you thinking of?

I don't remember the names, because I don't have the books - It was about
these people who go back to prehistoric times as exiles and it turns out
there are elves running the world and using the human exiles as slaves. It
was a good idea, but I really got sick of the fact that she kept killing
all the original characters.

Robyn