Hexwood's Goon

Elizabeth Parks mep3 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Sun Mar 10 13:08:44 EST 2002

Oh, it was me who liked that as a name, and I still do.  I can see how it
would be unfair to the child--but it's such a nifty name and such a great
character to be named after!  (I've occasionally wished to know somebody
called Howell just so I could call he/she/it Howl, but that would probably
be too much to live up to)  My children, if I ever have any, are going to
have, um, interesting (my mother says Horrible) names anyway, like
Fortitude and Dopey <g>--it's a running joke among some of my friends that
I'm going to have seven children and either a)name them all Fortitude or
b)have all their first names be the seven deadly virtues (Faith, Hope,
Charity, Prudence, Justice, Temperence, and Fortitude) and the middle
names be after the seven dwarves (Dopey, Sleepy, Happy, Bashful, Doc,
Sneezy, and Grumpy).  I think an Awful or two might fit right in.

lizzie, who has read _far_ too many baby name books from cover to cover
(I've read _Beyond Jennifer and Jason_--all three editions--all the way
through)