DWJ: Howl's Moving Castle question (spoilers)

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 8 19:40:02 EST 2002

> >A thought...given that Calcifer had Howl's heart... did Calcifer fall in
> love
> >with Sophie a little, as well?
>
>Interesting idea.  He'd like her to think he's only interested in her
>ability to talk life into things, but I wonder if it's not something more
>personal as well.

I think he knows there's something special about her from the start. He
thinks she has potential, and then later I get the impression he feels bad
about tricking her. Calcifer certainly trusts Sophie, and then he does come
back once she sets him free. I always thought it was not just Howl he came
back for.

Robyn